All games will be played by USSSA rules, with the following exceptions:
- Home team will be the official scorekeeper in all tournament games.
- Home team will be determined by use of one of the following: softball roll, rock/paper/scissors, bat toss, coin flip
- A copy of your lineup must be given to the home plate umpire at ground rules. All player names, numbers and positions must be included on your lineup card.
- No organized infield practice before the games. Teams may warm up beyond the baselines or in foul territory while infield is being prepared. No live batting practice is allowed on the field or in the complex at any time. Batting nets are allowed.
- Time limit for pool games is 75 minutes. Time limit for bracket games is 75 minutes. Time begins after the pre-game conference. Time limit could change in case of tournament interruptions. All teams should be prepared to start their game up to 30 minutes early in case we are ahead of schedule. (This will help the tournament keep on time)
- Regulation games will be defined by the type of game that it is:
- Pool play: Games will be 7 innings or time limit. If the game is tied at the end of regulation, it will be declared a tie.
- Bracket Play: Games will be 7 inning or time limit. Games that are tied at the end of regulation will use the ITB rule until a winner is declared.
- Run rules: 12 runs after 3 innings; 10 runs after 4 innings; 8 runs after 5 innings.
- Team manager ONLY may consult with the umpires. Players, sponsors and other coaches are asked to keep out of any discussions.
- Use of alcohol/tobacco products on the field or in the dugouts is strictly prohibited!
- Roster Batting will be REQUIRED during the entire tournament.
- Courtesy runner will be allowed for pitcher and catcher at any time. The courtesy runner will be designated as the player with the last completed at-bat who is not on base.
- Teams can score a maximum of 5 runs per half inning for all ages.
- If an Illegal Pitch is called, the penalty will be ball awarded to the batter, with NO advancement of runners on base.
- Games will end at time limit if a team is down by more than 5 runs or what they are allotted left to score in that half inning.
- Teams my begin a game with 8 players. Teams may add any and all players to the end of the line-up. These players must be listed on the line-up card prior to the game. If the players are not present for their time at bat, their spot will be skipped until they arrive with no automatic out being charged (unless below 9 players).
- The following procedure will be used to determine the seedings after pool play:
i. If three or more teams are tied with the same record in a division, head-to-head may or may not be used to break ties.
ii. Once a level of tie-breaker is used, we DO NOT revert back to any steps of the tie-breaking procedure. We will continue on down the list until all ties are broken.
- Winning Percentage(Number of wins divided by total games played-ties count as 1/2 win)
- Most Wins
- Fewest Losses
- Tied teams(only used if ALL tied teams played each other)
- Average runs allowed
- Average run differential (8 max)
- Coin Flip
- If a team is playing an extra pool game, the runs allowed and the Win/Loss in that game will not count towards your total. However, the result of the game (win/loss) will be used in head-to-head consideration if a tie in pool play occurs.
- In case of a rain-shortened tournament, pool play games can be deemed official after 2 ½ innings of play (with home team winning) or 45 minutes of elapsed game time. This policy will only be used through pool play. In addition, if games are canceled due to weather, there may be an adjustment in application of the tie-breaking procedures.
Special 10 & Under Rules Section
- On defense, 4 outfielders may be employed.
- There will be an expanded strike zone in place for 10U.
- For 10U, players may only advance one base per pitch on a ball not put in play by contact.
- Batters may not advance on a dropped 3rd strike.
- No Infield Fly Rule.
- THERE IS NO STEALING HOME. There are only 3 ways to score:
- Bases loaded walk.
- Bases loaded HBP.
- Batted ball in play.